Monday, January 5, 2009

Winter Break Part IV

Seeing as how I'm in Norway and the plan was to experience Christmas in Norway, when Erling asked if I wanted to join him at a concert and then out on the town the second day of Christmas, I did not say no. Living in Rauland is wonderful, but I was really looking forward to a night on the town.

We arrived at the concert (a rock cover band that one of Erlings friends was playing in), and Erling knew pretty much everyone there. I spent the whole concert at the front of the stage. They were pretty darn good and I had a great time!

After the concert we waited an hour for the taxi into town. Fortunately we had plenty of clothes on because it was cold! Erling had had the presence of mind to preorder tickets to the club so we didn't have to stand outside for another hour. Inside, we danced and drank and had a good time.

Afterward, we wandered around Hamar in search of food - Erling found the baked potato cart, some of his friends found kebabs. I was more interested in not freezing to death. Eventually we found ourselves a ride back to Ottestad. We arrived at about the same time as Arne and sat up talking for a little while longer, not quite willing to give up on the night.

The next day, I took a walk around the area. In addition to the best sunsets, Ottestad looks like a place from a fairy tale when it's covered in snow. Later, I played music until everyone gathered again. We had dinner, prepared by Åsmund. I hung out with Alvhild and Jan. Erling and I played a final concert and Åsmund and Marianne drove me to the bus.

No comments: