Thursday, September 11, 2008

Sonya's second visit -and more!

Last Wednesday I came home from my trip into town to register with the police and apply for a work permit only to be scared half to death by my impish sister who was hiding in my bed. This was an awesome surprise, since I didn't really think she'd come back here. We are kind of in the middle of nowhere...

That evening we trekked out to Nesland, where half of the second year class is sharing a house. It's not really that far, but it takes about twenty-five minutes if you're enjoying the scenery or a beverage while you walk. We were there to celebrate the SVER concert that was going to take place that evening.

That's right, I said SVER. Norway's power band featuring, amongst others, Olav Mjelva, made a trip to Rauland the same day as Sonya! How perfect is that!? Their concert was unbelievable; it made some of the audience cry and everyone was tapping their toes.

After the concert it was open stage as usual. There was dancing and music and merriment. We were treated to a jam set by the members of SVER. Just before the end, I got to play a little with Olav - always a good time. Somehow the party found its way to the common area that Birgit and I share; I don't know when the last people left, but I went to sleep around 2am.

No comments: