Monday, September 1, 2008

Sonya's visit I

Before I get to the main subject - I have been a little busy and I apologize for not updating for a whole week... Sorry. Now, back to what I've been busy with!

Monday was our first real day of class. We spent several hours learning about folk music in society. We talked about possibilities for our projects. Some of us took music theory. Then I had a few hours to stress about Sonya's arrival before my next distraction.

The next distraction was dinner with the international students from Notodden. After dinner, the second year students gave a concert for the visitors and we had a small party. I played some after the concert with some of my classmates. If I hadn't been worrying about Sonya, it would have been awesome.

I left the party at 9:45 to wait for Sonya. It was dark and cold and raining a little. I kept running up and down the stairs to see if she'd sent me an email. I saw the bus go by so I figured she would be here soon. After three minutes, I hadn't seen her yet, so I went upstairs again to see if she'd left a Facebook message. I was a little panicky. Then, I heard the gentle sound of small plastic wheels on pavement from the road below. She had arrived!

Right away, we made some food. I didn't exactly have tomato sauce for the spaghetti. It was more like stewed tomatoes. Cold. Plus some cheese. Good thing she was tired. Then I blew up the air mattress. And we went to bed.

The next day we tried to go for a walk to the lake. We didn't find the lake, but we did go on a lovely nature walk along the road heading toward Åmot. We saw some interesting mushrooms and a slightly squashed beetle.

No comments: