Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Furudals bruk

We found our rooms. They are delightful. Youth hostel like, but leaning toward the hotel end of things. Linens are provided, the beds are cushy (even for a princess like me), and we all have our own bathrooms. I'll repeat. I have my own bathroom and shower. It's like heaven.

The main kitchen is in the building next to the one Elaine and I are staying in, although all three of the 'hostel' buildings have some kind of kitchen facility. We got a good spot in the refrigerator and the kitchen has been running smoothly, considering how many people are using it.

There are several other buildings here, the dance hall, the manor house, a cafe, some cottages, and several houses of various sizes that belong to private individuals. The dance hall is also owned by a different person than the lodging. It is charming. The floor is beautiful, although the humidity and too many weddings seem to be getting to it. We also spend a fair amount of time at the lake, grilling hot dogs and getting eaten by mosquitoes. I'm pleased to report that I am less allergic to Swedish mosquitoes than their American cousins. They bite through everything.

No comments: