Monday, July 21, 2008

Fra Bø til Glada Hudik!

Barnival! That is how I rounded out my Telemark experience. I sat and worked on the Vinterdansen 09 budget while listening to the children's carnival below. Some of them were really pretty talented. Others were... children.

Then I was off again. I took the afternoon train from Bø to Oslo, then the night train to Stockholm and arrived at 11am in Hudiksvall, just before Tom and Elaine got to the train station.

This time on the night train I was not so lucky to have a cabin to myself. Instead, I shared it with 3 other women. We didn't have to change trains mid-ride, but it did seem like it stopped every half hour, and not with a gentle deceleration, but with crash and grind that makes me think someone should check the brakes.

Sitting in the not-quite-bejeweled Stockholm C I devoured a packet of dried fruit and nuts like a large squirrel. Travel tip: don't get hungry on Sundays. Also, if you are fortunate enough to read the language of the country you are travelling in, read the warning labels on the packages. The one on the fruit and nuts package said something along the lines of 'remember, it's easy for children to get nuts stuck in their noses.' How about that!

The remainder of the trip to Hudiksvall was uneventful and I was very happy to see Tom and Elaine pull up at the train station. We signed up for some computer time (which I'm using now) at the library, went to the bank, and had lunch at a Pan Asian buffet. I don't think I ate that much the entire time I was in Bø! Ethnic food in Scandinavian has come a long way since the last time I had Thai food in Stavanger with Sonya.

No comments: