Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Stockholm C


Sleep deprived and coated with travel grime I have arrived safely at the midway point of my big trip. The Stockholm Central Station is less grand than I would have expected, but maybe I'm just too tired to drag my suitcase train, fiddles and other accessories far enough to enjoy the grandeur lurking around the corner. Oh well, that will have to wait for the way back.

It really hasn't sunk in yet that I'll be here for a year. I'm still focused on the 10+2 hour train rides left to go. My advice for next time is: allow myself 2 weeks before leaving to get organized and go for the shorter connections. By the time I get to Bø, I will have spent at least 9 hours waiting for the next mode of transportation to arrive. And that doesn't count waiting for the first plane.

With all that waiting fresh in my mind, I'm glad I brought my computer. It's heavy though, so with tighter layovers, I'd leave it behind or pack it in a suitcase next time. Copenhagen definitely wins the most comfortable place to wait (plus they had the fastest wireless connection).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello there! I'm so glad you made it to Stockholm, despite the many hours enroute. I suspect that as your adventures pick up speed, you'll have less blog time. However, I'll check religiously/eagerly for tidbits of your travels. Do write when you have time. We miss you!

Judy

Anonymous said...

Shoot! Judy beat me. I wanted to be the first to comment. :D

Just wait, next time you get to the Stockholm train station it will be covered in jewels. And all the train tracks will be made of PURE GOLD. How divine!