Sunday, July 27, 2008

Högsgården

The practice hall for the local dance group is called Högsgården and is located in Hög (amazing how these things work). It has a beautiful dance floor and the four couples that showed up to help out Tom and Elaine were gracious hosts. After they worked hard for a solid hour and a half, they stopped for coffee (and cake). It turns out that they will be staying at the same place we will at uppdansning, so that will be nice.

After coffee, they asked if I would like to show my dances, which I did. I was so nervous and hungry since I hadn't eaten in a good long time that I really had to focus, even on Bingsjö polska (the dance I know the best of the three I'm doing). They gave me good tips and flattering compliments. In all, I feel much better about the whole idea of this competition now that I'm in Sweden. I greatly appreciate the advice I got and am thankful that I still have several days of practice in Furudal.

No comments: