Thursday, July 24, 2008

Hudiksvall II

On the first evening in Hudiksvall Tom took Elaine and me fishing. We piled into the car with and old pole Tom had found and a six (!) worms he dug out of the garden. With the backdrop of an absolutely beautiful fluorescent Hälsingland sunset Tom caught a couple small fish. By small, I mean little. Tiny. 4 inches maximum. One we threw back, but one, much to Elaine's horror Tom 'had to kill'. His words, not mine.

To and from our fishing adventure, Elaine and I took the opportunity to practice driving. Elaine drove there and I drove back. We both had to cross a rather harrowing (in the eyes of a new driver) highway. I'm happy to report that we both made it safely across. I'm also happy to report that Tom is very support driving instructor.

No comments: