Wednesday, August 13, 2008

August i Nordland postscript

August 10, 2008

I was so thrilled by the fishing trip, I forgot to say anything about the first half of the day! We began with a leisurely breakfast, followed by midday coffee. Here we had a small dilemma - there was no jam in the house! Not to worry, Anne had a plan. We head out to the current bushes (red and black, rips og solbær) and picked two cups full (an easy half liter of berries). Then I was set to the task of making the jam. I squashed the berries and added sugar. Num num It tasted great on the fresh waffles.

I also haven't said much about the house we are at. It has belonged to Johan's family at least since his grandfather lived here which is possibly when it was built. His mother's family lived in the house across the small inlet. On the property is the renovated house, woodshed, and stabbur. I think they also have a boathouse down by the water and, if I understand correctly, it has a Nordlandsboat inside that Johan takes out for competitions.

No comments: