Sunday, August 3, 2008

Östersund I

Back at the campground, the social scene had continued in full swing. Many people had taken a full day dance course and adjourned to a party in one of the cabins. In attendance were several Americans, the most influential dancers in Sweden, and the cutest puppy I've seen on this trip. I think his name was Issa and he spent the entire time I was there passed out on the floor not moving.

Tonight was the first evening dance as well, so the party wrapped up around 8:15. We (Tom, Elaine, Martha and I) arrived fashionably late and in good company. The music was excellent, as was the dancing. It's possible that I did less than ten dances, but I felt out the floor and had a good time. Did I mention the music was great?

After the dance, Tom and I raided our stores of food. We came up with onions and potatoes cooked with fish balls from a can, with some milk and bullion to stretch it. I have been writing and haven't tried it yet, but Elaine reports that it is tasty. If it's anything but tasty, I will report back with some additional adjectives!

No comments: