Friday, August 8, 2008

Ørnes III

Yesterday was relaxing. Today was relaxed. Sonya and mom called in the morning; it was great to hear from them! It was early still, so I went back to sleep after a good chat with Mom.

After breakfast, I practiced out on the porch again. Harry, their youngest son, stopped by to say hello. We talked about who the next president will be, housing prices, and the cost of gasoline. He wished my good luck in my school adventures and then was off to the hytte for a few more days vacation before returning to work on the oil platforms.

The next order of business was to read the newspaper while Roald and Oddhild waxed their cars. Then I added labels to a couple hundred photos while they waxed their cars. Then I read the newspaper some more until middag while they waxed their cars. Today we had ertestuing and pølser i brunsaus (split green peas and sausages in brown sauce) with potatoes, of course.

After the post-meal nap, I read a second newspaper (the cars were almost completely waxed by this time). Then we had coffee and apple cake with vaniljesaus. We watched the news and some television. I called home and brushed my teeth.

No comments: