Friday, August 8, 2008

Ørnes IV

Today was a little overcast in the morning. I tried to practice outside, but really it was too cold. So, I read the newspaper instead.

Around noon we left for Glomfjord (roughly 17 kilometers away). Roald had a physical therapy appointment and afterward we went on a driving tour of the area at the end of the fjord. The scenery here is really impressive. Somehow, they have managed to cram factories, churches, schools, and homes onto the steep slopes of the mountains that drop into the fjord.

The sun came out in the afternoon, so I found time to play on the porch. My vitamin D intake has really improved since I arrived in Ørnes. Dinner tonight was homemade fishcakes. They were so good I got the recipe!

I rounded out the evening by watching a Swedish movie, reading the subtitles most of the time. I find that amusing. The movie was good; a drama involving several murders and some cyber-terrorism. It was called Brannmur in Norwegian (Brandvägg in Swedish) - Firewall.

No comments: